Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Favorites: Au Natural August!

Better late than never, right?

I'll just jump right in and let you know what my hot list consisted of last month.  Enjoy!

Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps 18-in-1 Hemp Peppermint Pure-Castle Soap:  Well that's a mouth full! Yes, that's the name of what the soap is called.  I love the peppermint one.  This soap is all natural and you can use it as regular soap, your cleanser, shampoo and to clean your make-up brushes.  It doesn't strip you skin of its natural oils and I feel so clean after I use this product.  The peppermint smell wakens you up in the morning and has a nice tingling feeling.  Available at health stores and drug stores.


Mia 2 Clarisonic: I have had my clarisonic for years now.  This has been a great tool for me to exfoliate my skin and really get deep down in my pores. Available at Nordstroms, Sephora, and Clarisonic.com


Simplers Botanicals Rose Geranium Therapeutic Hydrosol: This mist is so smoothing and calming.  I spray it in the morning after my toner or in place of it and apply my moisturizer after.  It is 100% pure rose geranium hydrosol and its uses are for itchy, red skin, sensitive skin, sunburns, hot flashes, fatigue, stress, and as a daily face mist.  This is such a great spray to wake you up in the middle of the day or if you've been out in the sun all day.  Available at Whole Foods and on the Simplers Botanicals website.

Pacifica Hawaiian Ruby Guava Body Butter:  I don't even like guava, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE this lotion!  The smell is absolutely fantastic.  I get so many compliments on how tropical and great I smell when I use this lotion.  Not only does this smell good enough to eat but it really hydrates and moisturizes my skin.  One of my all time favorite lotions.  Available at Whole Foods.


Spinning Spinner Pace Indoor Cycling Bike: This bike has been so good to me over the years and in August I was all over it!  When I would get home from work I would either have an intense 20-45 minute ride or just sit there peddling and watching TV.  If I felt like working out or if I felt like being lazy this was my go to exercise for the month of August.  Side note: Cycling while your butt is off your seat helps get rid of cellulite and burns some serious calories!  There are also a ton of cycling DVD's out there if you would like some motivation. Available at Dick's Sporting Goods.


Kale: This picture is hilarious and so true.  Kale is seriously my new BFF.  It's loaded with Vitamins K, A, C, E, and B (in that order) and full of fiber, protein, and calcium.  I have been adding kale to my salads but mostly putting them in my smoothies.  To find out how to make one of my favorite kale smoothies that actually taste good, read my article with the GGLF Tropical Kale Smoothie recipe.

So as you can see I kept it pretty au natural in August.  The beauty products I used are found out in nature and I really focused on my skincare and physical and nutritional health.  

Hope you liked my August favs and I hope you have a wonderful September!!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment