Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Botox and Fillers: How Young Is Too Young?

First off, I want to start off by saying I am not against botox or dermal fillers at all.  I think the ever advancing technology out there for the beauty industry is very interesting and quite amazing. 

That being said, I did not realize how naive I was about dermal fillers and botox.  I mean I know what they are but I had no idea people my age were doing them.  

Just like every other women out there I too want perfect skin and facial features but being only 23, I thought that I was way to young to even consider doing these things now or in the near future.  Whenever my girlfriends, who range from early 20's to mid 30's, tell me they are having consultations or appointments for these procedures, I'm the girl who tries to talk them out of it.  We're in our prime for goodness sake!  But I just get laughed at because I clearly missed the bandwagon on the dermal filler, botox trend.

The age to have these procedures done are getting younger and younger.  I recently spoke with a close family friend, who is a plastic surgeon, and told him how young some of my friends are who want to enhance their face.  He simply said "Well, girls get their breasts enhanced at 18, why not work on your face in your 20's?"  Honestly, he makes a pretty darn good point for the ladies and gentlemen out there who want these procedures done young.  

The benefits of starting these procedures in your 20's and 30's, is that it is not as drastic of a change as opposed to having your first injections at 50 or 60.  Since your 20's and 30's are your prime, you might as well take advantage and look as hot as you can while everything is young and working correctly.

The cons are that these procedures are very pricey and are not permanent.  You have to maintain the look of botox and dermal fillers every 4 months- a year depending on how you want to look.  Also, I feel like dermal fillers and botox can be very addicting and lead to women and men finding more imperfections with themselves.  Thus, leading to more procedures and surgeries in the quest to look your finest. 

One more thing that is kind of off topic but do people not have student loans to pay off or rent to pay anymore?  Where does this extra money come from?  If you have the answer or tips on how to make a bunch of cash, please let this girl know!

At the end of the day, if someone wants surgery to enhance themselves, I say go for it!  

I would love to know your take on this topic though.  How young do you think is to young to start doing botox or filers or when did you start?

Comment below or on my facebook page!

Thanks gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment