Wednesday, September 4, 2013

A Kale Smoothie That Actually Tastes Good

Kale is the Queen of Green.  When it comes to dieting or living a healthy life style, kale is the veggie people gravitate towards.  This green cleans out your system and is packed with vitamins A, C, and K, fiber, calcium, and protein.  

I love having smoothies, and I love eating kale, but kale smoothies are something I usually have to force down my throat.  That's just not okay.  Everyone should enjoy their food so I wanted to share with all of you how to make a kale smoothie that actually tastes good.

GGLF Tropical Kale Smoothie
What you need:
  • 1 cup of chopped kale
  • 1 cup of frozen mixed tropical fruits (frozen so your smoothie is cold)
  • 1/2 medium banana
  • 1/2 cup 100% pineapple juice
  • 1/2 cup 100% orange juice
I purchase my mixed tropical fruits at Costco.  It comes in a huge bag and is filled with strawberries, pineapple, mango, and papayas.  

Toss all of these ingredients in the blender and enjoy!  For more protein you can add protein powder.

This smoothie tastes absolutely delicious and is great for you hair, skin, nails, and weight management.



No comments:

Post a Comment