Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Strawberry fields forever...

Don't you just love fruits and veggies!  They do so many wonderful things for your hair, skin, and nails and they are so yummy!  I grew up eating lots of fruits and vegetables and I think the best way to have them is when they are in season.  That way you know it is fresh and it usually hasn't been sitting around for a long time before you consume them.

Strawberries peak season in California and other warm areas is April-June a.k.a right now!
I am a huge strawberry lover.  I like to eat them plain, put them as a main ingredient in my smoothies when I'm on the go, or add them to cereal, oatmeal, or yogurt.  The possibilities are endless.

Another tasty fruit I love that is in season now are cherries and I have been eating my fair share of them lately.  Cherries are great because they are filled with antioxidants and are known as a healing fruit.  The amazing benefits of cherries include better sleep, the prevention of premature aging, it can help cure a migraine, and if you have parents, aunts, or uncles with arthritis and gout eating cherries can help alleviate some of the pain.

Below is a list of some of my favorite fruits and veggies that are in season.  You can pick these up at your local grocery store or even check out a farmers market.  

Happy healthy eating!



  • Apples
  • Apricots
  • Avocados
  • Baby Carrots
  • Blackberries
  • Blueberries
  • Cherries
  • Corn
  • Cucumbers
  • Garlic
  • Limes
  • Mangos
  • Melons
  • Nectarine
  • Valencia Oranges
  • Peaches
  • Peas
  • Peppers
  • Plums
  • Raspberries
  • Squash
  • Tomatoes
  • Watermelon
  • Zucchini


No comments:

Post a Comment