Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Hey there honey ;)

Honey to me is a super goo!  It is always in my kitchen because it adds flavor to my teas and peanut butter sandwiches.  Honey isn't just tasty though, it is one of my beauty secrets I have been using for years to keep me healthy and looking good.  Below I explain what honey can do for you and let you in on a simple hair and face mask I use once a month!

Honey is an anti-bacterial thanks to enzymes added by those cute little bees.  Because it is an anti-bacterial it  works wonders when you want clear gorgeous looking skin. Honey can help clean out your pores,  exfoliates the skin, and helps look in moisture.

Also wonder why your Mom always made you tea with honey when you were sick?  It is because the anti-bacterial properties of honey help reduce throat irritation and that icky cough!

So next time you have a pimple you need to clear up or a sore throat you want to get rid of turn to honey!

Lemon & Honey Face & Hair Mask


Makes two face and hair masks!
If it is just you, only use half of the ingredients and make yourself a cup of tea while you're waiting for the mask to do its job!

WARNING- It can get pretty sticky so have everything you need ready to go!




What you need:
* 2 tablespoons honey
* The juice from 1 lemon
* A friend to help and share your mask with!
( I have long hair and the friend I usually do this with has short hair. Hey Val!)

Side note: If you both have long, thick hair I would suggest using an extra tablespoon of honey and an extra half a lemon.  Also, from experience I like putting the mixture in my hair first so I don't get any honey or lemon in my eyes.

Directions-
1. Take a lemon, cut it in half, and squeeze all the juice from it.  Then mix in the honey.  Once it is mixed in have your friend help you put most of the mixture in your hair from root to tip.
- The lemon will help remove dandruff and helps with hair growth
- The honey nourishes and moisturizes

2. After you are done with the hair put it up in a clip and get it out of your face.

3. With the remaining of the mixture use your fingers, cotton ball, or a mask brush to put a thin layer on your skin.  Be careful to not get it in your eyes.
-The lemon will help lighten skin and also fight off blackheads
-The honey will cleanse, exfoliate, and nourish skin

I like to leave this mask on anywhere from 5-10 minutes.

Hop in the shower when you're ready to rinse everything off and use the same shampoo and conditioner you normally would.  The end result leaves you with clean feeling skin and silky soft hair that smells delicious!

Try it out and let me know what you think!


No comments:

Post a Comment