Monday, August 5, 2013

Make-Up Dupe: Miracle Skin Transformer SPF 20 vs. COVERGIRL Clean Whipped Creme Foundation

I like using higher end make-up because I think about the long term effects they have on your skin.  The ingredients are usually better for you and they tend to not break me out as much as drugstore make-up.  Even though I prefer department store make-up, I have been really into trying different brands and items at the drugstore and am loving them!

Yesterday my man and I walked/jogged all over Fresno and stumbled into a Rite Aid for some water.  In Rite Aid there was a COVERGIRL display for their new Clean Whipped Creme Foundation.  I believe the color I used was shade 320 and it didn't match my skin color at first but when I rubbed it in it settled very well and I loved the feel of the foundation.  It reminded me exactly of Sarah McNamara Miracle Skin Transformer SPF 20 I am currently obsessed with.

Both of these foundations have a light feeling on the skin and make skin feel softer.  They are easy to blend and both cover flaws but neither one offers a full coverage foundation.  These foundations are perfect for the summer because they don't feel caked on and they give you a natural look.  The end result is a matte finish.

The differences between these products is that the Miracle Skin Transformer for face has an SPF in it which saves you a step in your morning skin care routine but it is not a broad spectrum SPF.  I also like how the Miracle Skin Transformer comes in a tube so it wont get contaminated by your fingers but you can always use a make-up spatula or plastic spoon to get out the COVERGIRL product.  The COVERGIRL foundation comes in at half the price for the same effect so if you're on a budget this option is perfect and honestly feels the exact same. 

Places to get COVERGIRL Clean Whipped Creme Foundation

  • RiteAid
  • CVS
  • Target
  • Walmart
Places to get Sarah McNamara Miracle Skin Transformer
  • Sephora
  • Amazon
  • MiracleSkinNow.com
There is also Miracle Skin Transformer for Acne Prone skin which offers more coverage but doesn't have SPF and a new product that just came out by them that offers Broad Spectrum Coverage which I can't wait to try.

If you have any good make-up dupes you have discovered let me know about them!




No comments:

Post a Comment