Friday, July 5, 2013

Stay Fresh and Fabulous the Day After a Fun Night

I'm sure a lot of us out there had a fun time celebrating the 4th of July and rightfully so! The 4th of July is great because we get to celebrate the U.S.A, spend time with family and friends, have delicious food and drinks, and watch fireworks.  Whats not to love? Oh yeah, that morning after headache and if you happen to work the day after, forget about it.  And please don't even tell me you had too much to eat for your late night drinking meal! It's summer people and we need to keep those bikini bodies tight!

Well I'm here to let you in on a little secret to beat any after holiday hangover or sluggish feeling from a lively night.  There is a secret I have that I started doing in college and it helps keep your skin hydrated, your brain alert for the following day, and keeps your waistline in check.

What is the amazing secret and how do I use it?  Pedialyte Freezer Pops is the answer and let me tell you they are especially great to eat in the summer time.

My Skin Care Professional absolutely hated working on my face on a Saturday morning because well I'm a fun girl and clearly I would always go out and have a fun time the night before.  She said the late night fast food run mixed with the alcohol made my skin look like a disaster under the microscope.  The greasy food would always make my skin oily, contrary to those who say your diet doesn't effect your skin. Liars! How exactly do you explain my breakout from that slice of greasy pizza? Yeah, thought so.. Also, the alcohol no matter how much or little I would have would always dehydrate my skin.  

To kill two birds with one stone I turned to something you give infants and toddlers.  After a night of fun my solution for hydrating my skin and getting a late night snack in would be to eat one of those popsicles offered in numerous flavors and drink a cup of water.  When I did this my Skin Care Professional did not even realize I went out the night before.  She thought it was such an amazing discovery and shared the tip with her other clients.

Now that I'm older and wise I can say to just drink and eat less when going out and be careful with what you put in your body.  The calories and fat from alcohol and fast food cause havoc on your waistline and skin.  And if you must cheers the night away please end the night with some water and a Freezer Pop.  

I have never missed a day of work or class since discovering these tasty treats! Let me know how this works for you.

Stay fabulous and have an amazing night!

Good Girls Looking Fabulous Facebook Page

Look for these at any grocery store

2 comments:

  1. I dont know if it is the humidity or what, but after work drinks makes me feel a little icky the next morning. I guess you get dehydrated faster in humid areas but I figured I would try this out. It's on the shopping list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brittany! I know that being in a hot tub and in a hot climate will get you drunk faster because your body is trying to stay cool and you sweat out water. A way to combat this is to drink a glass of water for every cocktail you have. Don't move on to your next drink until your glass of water is empty too! This little trick ensures that I stay somewhat hydrated and I always drink less because my stomach gets full from the water. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete