Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Cocoa Powder For Your Face and Tummy!

Cocoa powder is a cheap and easy beauty trick that can help transform your face and satisfy a sweet tooth without going overboard on calories.  With the line of work I do, I am constantly around chocolate and have researched different chocolate products over the past year.  Being a beauty guru you better believe I looked into what chocolate could do for me.  Down below I show how you can use cocoa powder for your eyebrows, a face mask, and a delicious treat!

Cocoa Eyebrows

What you need:
1 teaspoon Cocoa Powder
Small container or bowl
Eyebrow/Eyeliner brush
*optional-coconut oil or petroleum jelly

I think eyebrows can totally transform a face.  When a girl has good eyebrows you know she takes good care of herself but filling them in with brow liners and powders can be pretty costly. With this cheap and natural ingredient you can fill in your brows and not break the bank.  I used a left over 1 oz jar I bought for traveling and put a teaspoon of Hershey's Cocoa Powder in it.  Personally I like my brows to look a little bit darker because I have dark hair and lightly colored brows so I will use my eyebrow brush and lightly dip it in coconut oil or petroleum jelly, then dip in my cocoa powder and apply.  If you want something lighter and a look that is a bit more natural you can do without the coconut oil/petroleum jelly.  This will honestly last you until the end of the year.

You can get your eyebrow brush at sephora or at drugstores.

Cocoa Facial

What you need:
2 tablespoons Hershey's Cocoa Powder
1 teaspoon organic honey
2 tablespoons coconut oil

The cocoa powder contains anti-oxidants for your skin, the honey is moisturizing, and the coconut oil helps with acne.  You can alter the amounts of the ingredients based on what your skin needs.

To start wash off your make-up or clean your face.  Using a microwave safe bowl put the coconut oil in the microwave for 10 seconds or until it is in liquid form.  Add the cocoa powder and honey and stir together.  It should look like a paste.  Using your fingertips or a brush, spread this over your face and wait 10 minutes. (Sometimes I leave it on for a few minutes less or more).  Rinse off with a warm face towel and you can follow with a moisturizer.


Sweet Treat
 
This cocoa powder from Hershey's has been approved by the best life as a healthy treat and there are so many healthy recipes that include this.  When I want a quick and easy desert I will mix a tablespoon of Hershey's Cocoa Powder with some greek yogurt.  If I want it a little sweeter I will just add half a tablespoon more but you can adjust the sweetness to how you like it. If I have a little more time I will make this chocolate mousse I found on the Hershey's Kitchen website.


Available at Grocery Stores
I hope you all enjoyed this inexpensive beauty tip.  Let me know how you liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment