Sunday, July 7, 2013

June Favorites!!

Hi everyone! 

We are already more than half way through the year now.  Where did the time go?  In June I made some great new beauty discoveries that I will hopefully be sharing with you during July and I pulled out some old tricks and products that I have been buying for years.

I hope you enjoy!


 I absolutely love Blistex Medicated Lip Balms.  They have SPF in them which is great for the weather right now, they nourish and hydrate my lips, and they're cheap and you can get them at the drugstore.  LOVE!
The volumizing tonic from AVEDA is absolutely fabulous! Angels singing good.  This tonic boosts volume and it doesn't make my hair oily or look greasy.  Typically when you are trying to get volume and you put too much product or hairspray in your hair it looks dirty but not with this stuff.  You can squirt a ton of it in your hair and it's fine.  I spray it on the front roots of my hair and at my crown because that is where I like the most volume.  If I will be using a lot of heating products I give a quick spray all over my hair to protect against the heat. (Purchased at AVEDA salon)


I am pretty picky when it comes to BB creams and tinted moisturizers.  When they became all the rage in Asia I was a bit skeptical to purchase a lot of them just because I personally like full coverage foundation and the BB cream just did not do it for me.  Well with summer in full swing I just needed to get over it.  Make-up dripping down your face, not cute.  Shiseido Urban Environment Tinted UV Protector Broad Spectrum SPF 43 not only hydrates and protects but it actually offers pretty good coverage.  If I want to run out for a quick errand I'll apply a layer and I'm good on my sunscreen and coverage for the face.  What I also like about this product is that it is build-able if you want a bit more coverage. (Purchased at Sephora)


If you haven't tried this mascara seriously go try it.  I went through a period in my life where all I bought was high end mascara and to be honest this lifts, lengthens, and adds volume just like a $25 designer tube would cost me.  I get mine in Glam Black and I love how the mascara smells like roses. (Drugstore buy)


I have been consuming so much spinach lately.  In the month of June I added spinach to my morning eggs, afternoon sandwiches, and would have a spinach salad almost every night or add spinach to my dish.  Filling up on spinach helped me eat less of other foods and it is packed with antioxidants and flavonoids which are amazing for your skin and overall well-being.


The runkeeper app rocks!  My brother is in amazing shape and he loves to run so I shared this app with him. We are both on each others Leader boards which allows us to check what the other is doing fitness wise.  Having him check what I do is so motivating and it pushes me to run that much harder or on a sluggish day to just get out there and move.  It feels like I am always in a nice healthy competition with him to see who can do the most cardio activities for the week.  With this free app you can keep track of your workouts, share them with friends, and train for marathons.  

Well beauties I hope you enjoyed my June favorites!  If you try them out please let me know how they work for you and if you have any favorites I would love to hear them.




No comments:

Post a Comment